Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The drug dealer bike build.


After about 5 years of wanting to build a motorcycle from the frame up I am finally doing it.  I have been fortunate enough to have great friends that have an unbelievable shop, Legends Vintage Motorcycles in Springville, great skill, and the patience to put up with me trying to learn how to build bikes. Last Friday we started my little project and I thought this blog would be a great way for me to keep a little journal of how the build goes.

Day 1: So I started this build by pirating a frame and motor that Rick already had at the shop. I am starting with a Paughco rigid frame with an old school springer front end. My motor is a 100 cubic inch Rev Tech Exotic Knucklehead. Pair that with a Rev Tech 6 speed tranny and this thing should haul some ass! Getting this build organized and lined out, as well as getting some design ideas out of the way took up most of the day.

Day 2: This frame was supposed to be for a project a couple of years ago with a different mechanic so I had to cut and grind off a bunch of mounting tabs and random stuff welded all over the place. After I got the frame all cleaned up I was able to mount the motor, bolt in the tranny plate, and mount the transmission. 

We yanked the pulley off of then trans and switched it to a sprocket to run a chain drive


More to come...



4 comments:

Seth Ollerton said...

I love Knucklehead trannies.
Seriously, that is a cool project. Keep up the good work and welcome to the blog world. Isn't it weird that we put our lives out there for people to read? Oh well it is a cool way to stay in touch with everyone.
I can't wait to wrap my legs and arms around you as we take the maiden voyage on that beastly hog of yours. Smooches!

-Seth

Chris said...

When I saw your blog I thought, "What's HE doing here?" Also, I'm jealous of the project. You've gotta take me to see it sometime. Welcome to blogville.

St. Provo Girl said...

Nice bike! How about a ride when its all finished up?

Greg and Leigh said...

Since no one claimed it, I get dibs on the old Harley!!
Good job on the blog and the bike.